Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Eat Stress for Breakfast

To my beloved fans and admirers:

I have been absent from my poor blog for some time now due to school, and I am hoping that not too many of you have gone physically mad whilst waiting with bated breath this last week for me to post something brilliant. I also hope that no more than a couple have turned to alcohol or drugs to fill the gaping void in their hearts where my habitual blog used to reside, and I sincerely wish that no one has been mauled by a mountain lion recently while out for a innocent hike (note: that last one is unrelated to my audience in particular, but it would still be a tragic misfortune, nonetheless...)

Anyway, as I am sure you all know, my love for blogging to the world runs deeper than many deep things, and my absence this last week has pained me greatly. But while you all have been loyally refreshing your computer screens every 3 minutes or so (in hopes of a new blog post) and burning incense on your Brianna-themed shrines, I have been off in the grand world of college doing many collegy type things. Though I could be sitting around merrily with my cup of coffee and journal as I had grown so accustomed to this last summer, I now like to spend my time doing worthwhile things like fighting off panic attacks and drowning in stress-induced fits of tears: my two newest hobbies!

And though schooling has caused my personal hygiene to take a dramatic plunge for the worse, and though I spend a great deal of time hunched over my computer in a dark room like a sad hermit, I am content. My skin may turn milky white for lack of exposer to sunlight, I might develop a bad habit of speaking to my imaginary mice friends as a result of my withdrawal from society (and my love of mice), and I may even start picking up stress-induced addictions like biting my fingernails or drooling a lot or maybe eating dead pheasants that I find in the street, but I suppose these are sacrifices I will have to take for a higher education.

A stressful lifestyle calls to me, but on the bright side, I am an Olympic gold medalist in the division of eating stress for breakfast! Or... um... something along those lines.

Speaking of which, I really am supposed to be doing homework right now, so I should probably wrap this rambling and rather pointless blog post up and go hit the books. That would be the wise thing to do. But then again, I should probably also shower and stop shooting down all the pheasants that fly by my house and eating them raw, but I'm not sure that that's going to actually happen. Habits are hard to break, after all... but in the world of college, anything is possible!

Well, I'm off to go wage war against the armies of homework that are viciously attacking my subconscious now.... Wish me luck, my friends.

Yours truly,

Brianna.




No comments:

Post a Comment