Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm Taking a Vacation.

Well, finals are drawing near, and with this horrific fact in light, I have decided to take an official leave of absence from the blogging world. I am indeed fighting a losing battle in the Society of all Things School-Related, so with this in mind, I am casting off my duties for the next few weeks, as I have other very painful and dull matters to attend to.

I plan to be like one of those pregnant women who takes an official leave from her office job to rear her young, only instead of birthing a child, I will spend the next few weeks mercilessly flogging my brain with a spiked whip, as I attempt to force information into my already jammed cranium. It is a sad little life that I live, but I suppose somebody has to do it. Anyway, with that said and done, I would also like to offer an official apology for my truly abysmal blogging habits these last few weeks. Of course I would like to spend all of my time writing to my dearest friends on the internet, but unfortunately, I have had very important matters to attend to. What with being a gold medal Olympian, an astronaut, and an affectionate owner of 23,000 dogs, I have found myself a tad on the busy side.

What I mean to say is that I'm feeling like a vegetarian who has inadvertently wandered into a slaughter house: very OVERWHELMED (and also a bit nauseous). Now don't ask me why a respectable vegetarian would be traipsing around in the food-processing district, or why the factory doesn't seem to have any security guards on the job, but I think that this realistic comparison applies directly to my life.

For I am a little vegetarian surrounded by skinned cow carcasses....

Only in this situation, I am a vegetarian who also likes to eat meat, and there actually aren't skinned cow carcasses, because that would be gross.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I will be back and writing again as soon as my tormented last few weeks of school have concluded, but for now, I am afraid I must bid you all farewell. I am off to the darkened caves of hopelessness and despondency to attack my studies...

Goodbye, my friends. Stay strong.
Remember to eat your vegetables and shower on a daily basis.
I hope that none of you have unexpectedly died before my return.

Cheers,
Brianna.



No comments:

Post a Comment