Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Very Cardboardy Thanksgiving.

Well, after a day of nagging and pestering, I have finally gotten my dad to hand over the cardboard box that his new TV set came in, thus providing me with hours and hours of entertainment! So many joyous possibilities await me with this newfound treasure... And let me tell you, my Thanksgiving this year has been AWESOME.

While the rest of my family sat out in the living room like fools today, huddled around our new big screen and watching football in a stupefied daze, I, on the other hand, was enjoying myself in my room, cutting cardboard like the fun-loving person that I am and having a blast! If I do say so myself (and I do), the only thing greater than a huge new TV, is the huge new CARDBOARD BOX that it comes in. It's beautiful really: nice and sleek, double-layered C-flute.... the stuff dreams are made of.

I have spent the majority of my day being exceptionally grateful for all things corrugated and made of board, and with the sheerly gargantuan size of this box, I should be set with all of my arts and crafts materials for just about the rest of my life.

Anyway, here is a lovely little cardboard collage that I made today that is now hanging on my wall. It is made entirely of cardboard, glue, and love.


So there you have it.

I can bet almost $10,000 that nobody else is putting their new TV boxes to such practical use. While billions of perfectly lovely boxes are being ousted to the curb, alone and dejected, the Ailie family's will hang proudly (in bits and pieces) on my wall forever.

I am feeling oh so resourceful today.



1 comment:

  1. When the Purple Door got a new TV, we just rode down the stairs in the box. Clearly, you are cooler.

    ReplyDelete