Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Onward to Spokane!

9:56 am: On the Road

Well, as of 8 o’clock this morning, I am packed up, in the car, and on my way to the unexplored wilderness of Eastern Washington! It’s just me, my father, my dearest mother, and our deaf dog, Taffy, who somehow used her heart disease and impending death as an excuse to tag along. All of the makings of a dream vacation are in order: I have been heartily filled with my daily cup of coffee, my dad has donned his customary baseball cap and cargo shorts in celebration of the vacation, and my mom has lapsed into unconsciousness in the front seat. Taffy, on the other hand, is being aggressively cuddly and constantly impeding my writing with her inconvenient attempts to sprawl out on my computer.... Ohh joy.

Anyways, our final destination, as it so happens, is still a good four hours away, so i suppose it’s time to get comfortable. In preparation for the voyage, I have downloaded a good 10 zillion Kris Vallotton sermons and also stashed away enough luna bars to sustain me for a month or so (should our car plummet off a mountainous ridge and leave us stranded in the savage forests... I would like to have an option for self-preservation besides cannibalism).

On another note, my dad has now emerged from his lapse of silence and has taken up his two favorite hobbies: feasting gluttonously on sunflower seeds and lecturing me about my future. He is a very charming and pleasant man, especially when he’s insisting I become a lawyer/ english major/ psychologist/ dictator of the world.... very pleasant, indeed. Unfortunately for my dearest father, my career is already set as a designer/ drug-dealing prison convict (as I will never be able to make a decent living off of the former), so I’m afraid his vehement lectures are in vain.

On a side note, my mom has just turned to me and said under her breadth (in a very clever and humorous sort of way), that the only one enjoying the car ride so far is Taffy, because she doesn’t have to listen to my dad’s ramblings, as she is very deaf. Ahhhahaa she is a funny one.

Well, that is about all I have to say about my trip thus far. I shall make sure to update our progress if anything noteworthy happens, or if our car is overtaken by a gang of notorious highway bandits, and (as their hostage) the only escape attempt I can muster is a speedy yet surreptitious S.O.S. post to my blog. You know....

1 comment: