Sunday, November 21, 2010

... Homework... what?

Well, it's Sunday evening right now, and I really should be doing my homework at the moment, but greater things have captured my attention. I believe it's very important to keep my priorities straight after all, and let's face it: some things are just so much more important than school.
This Thursday for instance, I shirked my responsibilities to instead fashion myself a large cardboard horcrux costume to wear to the Harry Potter premier. I may have gone a little overboard with the size, so that I couldn't properly fit through doorways or sit down, and I may have looked like a fool after my basilisk fang broke off, but all in all it was a raging success! And then of course I couldn't do my homework on Friday, because once again my priorities kicked in, and I decided to instead spend the entire day catching up on my beauty sleep. I can think of at least 7 hibernating grizzly bears (off the top of my head) that would gladly back me up on the importance of this endeavor, so I really feel no remorse or guilt over the issue. And then on Saturday, I couldn't do anything school-related, of course, because I was busy recovering from my previous day of slumber by drinking absurd amounts of coffee and watching french films... you know, things that really should be placed before an education.
And now today has come, and I find myself sitting here once again, thinking vaguely of getting out my drawing assignment but really having much more pressing matters to attend to. And what are those greater issues, you want to know...? I will give you a hint. It may have something to do with the fact that on this grand and monumental day, Seattle enjoyed its first SNOW of the year.

YES. SNOW.

It may have been just a few flakes, and sure, it all melted before it actually hit the ground, but WHO CARES REALLY?!??? I am like an overly excited first grader with severe ADD when it comes to all things snow-related. I may as well get my snow suit and sled out now, because I am confident that Seattle will soon be buried under at least 16 feet of white fluffy mounds. So obviously I shouldn't be spending time on frivolous things like homework, when there are greater snow preparations that call! Snow dancing rituals and a human sacrifice to the gods of weather (to ensure the perfect snow conditions) are of course the first activity on my list. Next, I need to get a head start on training my dog-sledding team; Taffy has heart disease, so I'll need to strengthen her endurance if I expect her to head up the pack for our annual 26 mile sledding extravaganza. And then of course, I'll need to start planning out the blueprints of my igloo mansion and sharpening my arctic seal-hunting harpoon (just in case this flurry of snow also brings a wave of arctic seals from the North... seal hunting is my favorite winter hobby, you know). So as you can see, I have A LOT to do in preparation for the oncoming blizzard, and homework has really lost its value.

Speaking of which, I have gotten up from my chair to peer out the window at least 4 times since I started writing this blog post.

Also speaking of which, I have donned my dad's ceremonial Christmas sweater in celebration of the occasion. When I asked to borrow it, all he said was "sure, but don't wear it out of the house, because you'll look like a complete fool in that old man sweater."

I trust he was joking, because I've already worn it out of the house TWICE.

On that happy note, I think it is time to conclude this blog post, as I am far too giddy and excited to carry a complete thought any more. I just checked Google weather, and there is a 78% chance of humidity, so I am fully expecting a heaping helping of SNOW tonight!

My life is so bright and cheery.

Unless of course, it doesn't snow... in which case I might have to drown myself in a bathtub of my own tears. We'll hope it doesn't come to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment