Wednesday, November 10, 2010

More Wonderous Adventures.. from my Sickbed!

So I have had a great deal of free time over the past few days -- free time which I have spent wisely by entertaining myself from my sickbed with an array of internet surveys! I even pasted all of the surveys into a Word document, so today I can go back and look at all of my feverish and only partly-coherent answers from yesterday. Apparently, I took a 15 question quiz to find out whether I'm pregnant or not (I'm not) and a very tedious one directed to women with military spouses (I don't actually think most of the questions applied to me... the whole thing seemed a bit exclusive, to be honest). I also took one that was supposed to teach me Chinese in 3 minutes (yes, I am now 100% fluent!) and another one that told me what I smell like to Edward Cullen (which is apparently not so great). Anyway, below I have posted one that I took about my lacrosse team. Surprisingly enough, this was actually a very popular survey... I wasn't aware until now that there were so many die-hard lacrosse fans out there.....

Anyway, please enjoy! (Keep in mind that I was quite sick and dazed when I took this)

What's your team name?
Snow Panthers

What's your team's current record?
27-0

Are you an offender or a defender?
I like to play both actually. I offensively defend... like a champ.

What's your favorite position to play?
Usually the one that does the most running and stuff. Also the one that
gets to hit the most balls at people.

Do you like your coach?

He is very portly and has a bristled mustache. So yes, I would say so.


Why do you like lacrosse?

Lacrosse is my passion. My only other hobby besides lacrosse is bending

spoons with my mind, but I'm not very good at that.

How long have you been playing?

since the winter of '86


Who introduced you to lacrosse?

My friend Ron. We used to play together back when we were in the Navy


How many sticks do you have?

umm... I actually wasn't aware that lacrosse involved sticks.. but, uh,

yes... yes, I have sticks..


Do you own a lot of lacrosse clothing?

YES. IT'S ALL I WEAR ALL THE TIME.

How often do you find yourself paying?

Well that's actually kind of a difficult question.... I have about 14 hours

of lacrosse training a week, but then I also spend my weekends teaching

lacrosse to underprivileged street youth, and of course I head up the

National Lacrosse Fan Club for national fans of lacrosse, and sometimes

I play lacrosse by myself on my personal lacrosse field.


Is it your favorite sport?

Well DUHHH.


Do you find yourself adding a 'Y' to the end of all your teammates' names?

Um... not really.... I do sometimes add an 'X' though. I think it's catchy


Does your team have a chant?

YES. I can't really write it out though, because it can only be properly

expressed in song.


What's your favorite thing about lacrosse?

Winning. Obviously.


Do you have siblings who play?

I prefer to think of my team as my true siblings. We're connected by

something deeper than blood: our singular love of all things remotely

related to lacrosse!


What's your number?

I am always #1 and always have been all the time


Are you good at playing catch?

... does lacrosse involve catch?


How far can you throw?

About 8


What's the one thing you don't like about lacrosse?

I don't like it when my teammates are eaten by sea serpents

during the game.


Do you want to go professional?

No. I want to be a pet detective.


Are you going to be a lacrosse mom/dad?

Yes! My children will begin their training the moment they emerge from

the womb. I will raise them just the way my parents raised me: I will feed

them in exchange for 4 hours of lacrosse practice a day! They will love

lacrosse. They will love it, or they will die of malnutrition. The choice is

theirs.


Have you recruited any of your friends to your team?

I hope that EVERYONE who reads this will join my team!


Any other comments on lacrosse?

ohh, just that I LOOVE IT SO MUCH AND LACROSSE JUST

SO AWESOME


**********


And there you have it: my thoughts (in a sick and delirious daze) on

lacrosse. I hope everyone enjoyed this.


I think I am going to go sleep now.




No comments:

Post a Comment