Wednesday, September 29, 2010

SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL

Greetings, my dearest pals, from my comfy seat in Starbucks! I am just sitting here, sipping my coffee dutifully (this is part of my job description as a professional Coffee Addict), and stroking my chin in deep thought whilst musing about life.

Today is of particular importance, you see, as it marks the end of a very very very long and drawn-out summer and the start of SCHOOL! I am actually so giddy and excited to resume my life as a student that I could hardly sleep last night. I am, after all, one of those nerdy types who really loves education. Not to mention, this year I will be beginning my studies in the design program, and ALL of my classes for fall quarter are in the Art Building. You know what that means? That means that even if I lose all of my arms and legs in a motorcycle accident and can only get around by inching along like a slug, I will still be able to get to all of my classes on time! As a matter of fact, I will probably even be early. The design program is very sympathetic towards motorcycle victims like myself, after all.

On the downside, I just realized this morning that because I chose to hunt for "bargain books" this year and ordered everything via the internet, I actually don't have ANY of my textbooks yet... Which is a tad on the problematic side as school starts today. Ohhhh, my life is a funny, little place sometimes. Anyway, I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will not be immediately expelled for my blatant lack of preparation, and maybe my teachers will not beat me with spiked whips (as is customary) for not having my books on time. That is my hope.

On a brighter note, I woke up this morning feeling very popular after I checked my blog views and saw that my close, personal pals over in Latvia are actually reading the post dedicated to them yesterday! How very encouraging. So even if I am kicked out of school and forced to pursue a career as a blind acrobat in the circus (which will be difficult, because my motorcycle accident as left me without limbs... and also I am not blind), I will know that somewhere out there in the world, I am appreciated.

Well, that is all for now.... Summer is over, and I am now off to bigger and better things! Three cheers for a higher education! I am so painfully cheerful at the moment, I could explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment