Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ohhh the Good Old Days...



I was startled and rather alarmed today to unearth this interesting photograph of myself from the 7th grade.... It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words, and I think that this one in particular speaks volumes. Several of them. It could probably write a series of 13 books or so, for that matter. Anyways, although the precise number of pages the personified form of this picture could write is under debate, what I'm trying to say is this: this picture says A LOT about me.

I know what you're thinking- "wow, what a totally normal and not-at-all strange or disturbed child!"- Yes, yes.... It may be shocking for my audience to hear (as my appearance in this picture oozes every sense of normality), but I was actually a bit on the weird side. You see, while other girls were out doing normal middle school things like shopping and trying out makeup, I, on the other hand, was definitely NOT....

For your enjoyment, I have listed below just a few of my favorite middle school activities:
  • growing out my hair
  • making up my own theme music to sing while walking around
  • filming horror movies (complete with ketchup blood) in my backyard
  • drawing hamsters... particularly hamsters on roller coasters
  • growing out my hair some more
  • making unidentified gurgling noises
  • pretending I was a cripple
  • wearing the same clothes every day
  • growing out my hair

As one can see, these are actually not the healthy activities of a promising young woman. They are, in fact, more along the lines of a future hamster trainer or perhaps a mental ward resident. Either way... not a very promising future. Looking back, it is really a miracle that I turned out at all normal-ish. I may still sing my own theme music, and I may still pretend that I'm a cripple 2 or 3 times a day, but AT LEAST I have finally cut my hair.

No one can say I'm not trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment