Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I am a winner.

True to this post's title, I am, as a matter of fact, a winner.

This realization was thrust upon me this morning, as I noted with great satisfaction that I have now accomplished a major goal set for myself several years ago: to become a habitual tea-drinker and eater of carrots. Now to many, this may seem like a small matter of achievement, but to me, it is monumental. You see, I was born (unfortunately) a vehement hater of both tea and carrots. Though this horrific truth may be shocking to those of more fragile nerves, I am grieved to confirm the news. In my mind's eye, tea was watery and disgusting, and carrots were enough to physically make me gag. Throughout my childhood, I was set in my ways... stubbornly refusing cups of tea and eschewing carrots with a firm hand.

However, several years ago, my eyes were opened. I began to sense a void in my life, one that could only be filled by a hearty bowl of carrots and a cup of tea. But try as I might, I could not make myself enjoy either. With this grave realization in mind, I vowed that I would not rest, and I would not sleep, until I had forced myself to appreciate these two sought-after delicacies. It was a weighty challenge for one so young to brave, but after many years of toil and hardship, I can now say with exuberant satisfaction, that I ingest (and enjoy!) both tea and carrots on a regular basis.

I am after all, a winner. With this accomplishment behind me, I can now set my sights to greater things, like levitating spoons with my mind and eating/regurgitating kittens, for starters. But before I plot out my next triumph, I plan on putting my current achievements to good use. I have recently joined the Olympic carrot-eating team, for example, and plan on bringing home the gold for our beloved country in the summer of 2012. In addition, I am using my impeccable tea-drinking expertise (and convincing British accent) to join the FBI and infiltrate Great Britain's house of Parliament. Our plan is to collapse the monarchy one cup of tea at a time.... No big deal, really.

Anyways, with these things in mind, I have my tasks set out for a while. A winner is always in high demand, I have learned, but that is a price I am willing to pay.



Above: Me casually enjoying a mouthful of carrots and refreshing mug of tea

5 comments: